NEOE-IoT-Kit-6: Smart Home eCO2 sensor, thermometer, hygrometer with OLED display. Arduino programming. MQTT-compatible for connection to Home Assistant. Structure variant "Breadboard".
The CCS811 HDC1080 eCO2 temperature, humidity and VOC air quality sensor module CJMCU-8118 offers the advantage that several relevant parameters of the indoor air quality can be monitored in one board. The measured temperature and humidity readings also help to obtain more precise eCO2 readings.
We show the determined values on the one hand on a 1.3 inch OLED display. On the other hand, we transmit them to the Home Assistant via MQTT.
The CCS811 sensor measures the eCO2 concentration (equivalent calculated carbon dioxide) in a range from 400 to 8192 ppm (parts per million) and the TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compound) concentration in a range from 0 to 1187 ppb (parts per million) billion) measured. According to the data sheet, the sensor reacts to alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, organic acids, amines, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons. The eCO2 concentration is therefore an approximation and can deviate from the actual CO2 concentration depending on other substances present in the room air.
The HDC1080 sensor measures temperature and humidity. Since the two sensors (CCS811 and HDC1080) are installed on the same board and the CCS811 sensor develops heat when measuring, the measured temperature can deviate from the actual temperature. In the Arduino sketch, a measurement is therefore carried out every 10 seconds (for the lowest possible temperature development) and a correction factor of 0.5 degrees is stored for the thermometer.
Demanding kit for advanced makers: if you are in doubt as to whether your own knowledge is sufficient for the construction, please check the tutorial linked below.
- IOT kit as a kit for room air monitoring. Monitoring of the data via MQTT by smart home systems is possible.
- The setup requires certain electronics and computer skills. The NodeMCU must first be soldered before inserting it into the breadboard. A computer with an installed Arduino IDE is required to install the software.
- Required separately: soldering iron, USB charger or power bank, computer, Smart Home System (e.g. Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi).
scope of delivery
- WeMos D1 mini NodeMCU V3.
- CCS811 HDC1080 eCO2 temperature, humidity and VOC air quality sensor module CJMCU-8118.
- 1.3 inch OLED display module 128x64.
- 400 hole breadboard / breadboard.
- 40pin jumper cable - 10cm - Male to Male.
- eCO2 sensor, thermometer, hygrometer with OLED display. Arduino programming. MQTT-compatible for connection to Home Assistant. Structure variant "Breadboard".