NEOE-Kit-4: Smart Home Soil Moisture Sensor with LOLIN32. Arduino programming. MQTT-compatible for connection to Home Assistant. Structure variant "Breadboard".
Providing ideal water to plants can be a challenge. Especially if you prefer to think about exciting IoT projects. An electronic soil moisture sensor ensures that the plants are watered on time.
On the one hand, our NEOE-IoT-Kit-4 indicates directly via a flashing LED if the plant has too little water. The percentage moisture value is also transmitted to the smart home center (e.g. Home Assistant) via MQTT. The programming is designed so that the LED display also works when the MQTT server is offline.
- IoT kit as a kit for plant monitoring. Monitoring of the data via MQTT by smart home systems is possible.
- Energy-saving operation thanks to LOLIN32 and DeepSleep mode. Only one measurement per hour if soil moisture is at least 50% (every 10 seconds if there is insufficient water). This enables independence from sockets by using a power bank or rechargeable batteries (see also the following article, "Power supply: IOT smart home devices operate autonomously.").
- Scope of delivery: Capacitive soil moisture sensor, NEOE WEMOS LOLIN32 development board, 5mm LED red, 220 Ohm resistor, breadboard 400 holes, 40pin jumper cable 10cm male to male.
- The setup requires certain electronics and computer skills. The LOLIN32 has to be soldered before inserting it into the breadboard. A computer with an installed Arduino IDE is required to install the software.
- Required separately: soldering iron, USB charger or power bank, computer, Smart Home System (e.g. Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi).
- Soil moisture sensor with LOLIN32. Arduino programming. MQTT-compatible for connection to Home Assistant. Structure variant "Breadboard".